• ½ gallon ice cream (preferably Blue Bell)
• 2 ounces (¼ cup) water
• 2 eggs
• 3 cups corn flakes or frosted corn flakes cereal
• 2 tablespoons cinnamon
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 gallon cooking oil
• Whipped cream
• Chocolate syrup
• Confectioners’ sugar
1. Use ice cream scoop and dip out several level scoops. Place on large tray, cover with waxed paper, and place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
2. Combine water and eggs in a large bowl to make an egg wash. Place corn flakes, cinnamon, and sugar
in a plastic resealable bag, and crush corn flakes until no large pieces remain. Place corn flake mixture in a medium-size bowl. Working quickly, remove ice cream balls from freezer and place in corn flake mixture. Coat completely, pressing corn flakes into ice cream ball. Roll ice cream ball in egg wash and coat completely. Finally, return the ice cream ball to the corn flake mixture and coat completely, pressing corn flakes into ball lightly. Place on large tray, cover, and return to freezer for 2 hours.
3. Fill Butterball® or Masterbuilt Fryer with oil. Heat to 375° F; this will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes. When oil has reached 375° F, remove ice cream balls from freezer. Working quickly drop ice cream balls one at a time into oil, and cook for approximately 15 seconds, until golden brown. Remove and drain quickly on paper towels. Return fried ice cream ball to the freezer as you
continue to fry additional balls.
4. Remove from freezer and serve with your favorite toppings or freeze for later.
If you think the idea of frying ice cream is over the top, consider warming and melting a Mars Bar in a saucepan and drizzle it on the fried ice cream. Nowthat’s over the top!