• ½ cup butter, room temperature
• ²/₃ cup sugar
• 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 4 tablespoons milk
• 4 tablespoons jam, any flavor
1. Fill Butterball(R) or Masterbuilt Fryer to the MAX fill line with water. Set to 375˚F and bring to a boil. This will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Water may need to be added if steamer is used for more than 60 minutes.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Slowly add in the flour, eggs, salt, and milk, continue to blend until batter is smooth.
3. Coat a 1-quart, heat-proof bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Put jam in the bottom of the bowl, pour and smooth batter over the jam. Cover with foil, tucking the edges carefully around the rim of the bowl.
4. Place covered bowl in the basket. Using the drain clip, hook basket onto the inner pot. (Note: Do not lower basket into water when steaming.) Cover and steam for 75 minutes, then carefully remove from steamer, and invert pudding onto a serving plate. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, fruit, or extra jam.
Serves 6 to 8
Pick a dish that fits in the basket. Keep the lid closed and don’t peek, let it steam for 75 minutes. This dessert is not only easy but surprisingly good, especially with your favorite vanilla ice cream or drizzled with sweetened condensed milk!